Share to win $500!
Share with the world why you wish to obtain a license as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) or as a Professional Geoscientist (P.Geo.) by entering our essay competition. A total of $5,000.00 in cash prizes will be awarded! Winning essays may be published on the Women in Engineering Summit website, providing an added incentive for authors to submit their P.Eng. or P.Geo. application to their provincial engineering regulator, and energize their career.
1. The contestant must be a legal resident of Canada.
2. The contestant must identify as a woman.
3.The contestant must have applied for their P.Eng or P.Geo designation to their Canadian provincial engineering regulator during the contest period of June 17th, 2022 to May19th, 2023. Earning the P.Eng or P.Geo designation during the contest period is not required.
4. The contestant must submit an entry consisting of an essay and proof of payment; entry guidelines are as outlined below, due on May19, 2023 at 11:59 PM.
5. Winning essays may be published on the Women in Engineering Website.
1.The essay and proof of payment must be submitted as a single file in PDF format.
2. The essay will be judged on the clear response to the question of why becoming a P.Eng or P.Geo is important for the applicant, the engineering industry, or the country of Canada. The judges will be looking for passion, originality, word limit, grammar, and descriptive language.
3. The essay must be between 300 and 500 words, not including references.
4. Earning a P.Eng. or a P.Geo. during the contest period is not a requirement, but the application to the provincial regulator must be made during the contest period.
5. The essay must include a title bar/header with the name of the author, mailing address, phone number, and email address.
6. The proof of payment should show the P.Eng or P.Geo license application fee to their Canadian provincial engineering regulator. If the author had the application fees paid for by an employer, they must include in the essay why they still deserve the prize.
7. Entries may only be submitted once. Further submissions/revisions will not be accepted.
8. All entries and ideas become the property of the Women in Engineering Summit once submitted.
9. In addition to receiving cash prizes, winners’ names may be published in the Women in Engineering Summit website and shared in associated social media posts.
10. Winners will be announced in June 2023.